Innovation instead of Redesign
The basic idea of Exjection is the production of "profile-like" components (strips) on an injection molding machine. Hence the characteristics of the component Exjection arise in which this technology brings in significant advance:
- with the possibility to create basically straight part a continuous linear connection
- Component length >> component cross-section
- End caps, snap hooks, ribs or similar elements formable
- Component is demolded (usually normal to the longitudinal axis component!)
- (Visible) surfaces with 3D structures and / or functional elements
What materials are used?
Since the method seen from the process here is very close to the conventional injection molding process, it is very easy and briefly summarized: Everything is processed in an injection molding machine, can generally be used also for the Exjection process. Three points should be noted:
- More viscous materials (extrusion grades) have a wider process window for Exjection on
- The well-known guidelines for component design naturally also apply to the process Exjection
- Material Type and component wall thickness determine the carriage speed and thus the cycle time
Previously successfully tested with the research form with EXJECTION® a wide range of materials. Examples are:
ABS, TERLURAN, NOVODUR, SAN, LURAN, ASA, LURAN S, PP-M20, DAPLEN, PP-LGF, FACTOR PP GF, Ionomer, SURLYN, POM, DELRIN, HOSTAFORM, TPE, THERMOLAST, TPU, ECOPUR, PBT, CELANEX®, PC / ASA, GELOY, PVC, BEGRA, HDPE recycling, Dual system, PC, MACROLON, LEXAN, PMMA, PLEXIGLAS, PA6, GRILON, PA66 GF30, ULTRAMID, PEI, ULTEM, PPSU, RADEL, PEEK, VICTREXTPE, SANTOPRENE, ABS, NOVODUR, SAN, TYRIL ... and:
Composite: WOOD + ABS / Composite: CFK + ASA / Inmould: FILM + SAN
You have got an idea for an application and want to know if it is possible to realize?